New PI User Interface available on August 1, 2022
We encourage teams to try out PI's "new skin" available now, the steps to view the new UI are shown below. Please see the video to take a virtual tour of the new features!
- UI can be viewed temporarily first by site System Administrator and then made the site default by a System Administrator - to do so, navigate to the Admin Screen > Settings
What do the changes include?
- Refreshed icons to bring a fresh look to the Home Screen and all navigation (and a new Admin Tile on the Home Screen)
- In addition to the new UI, PI is also introducing an updated Work List to take the place of the current Work List on the Home Screen - most recent work item updates will be collected at the top row
- Task List improvements, all actions are now available on the top of the page; Add Task, Filter, and Layout
- Add Task - to add or import a new task
- Filter - has quick views to choose from to filter tasks
- Layout - a faster way to change your column quick selections, and manage them, too!
- Manage your columns inline, right click on the header to insert/remove columns or drag and drop the columns on the spot
- New and improved Copy and Cut options on the task right click - copy/cut a task within the project or to another project
- Left Navigation improved to include work item totals and settings button at the bottom
- PI Dashboard has been reworked to act more as a Report-Dashboard, when adding a new Dashboard, the tile options have been reduced to only the options on the right below:
- If you already had a saved Dashboard with any of the tile options that are no longer available in the new UI, they will remain, though you will not be able to add them back if you remove them in the new UI.
- Dashboards can also only be seen by users that are Report Viewers, PMO users, or Administrators in the site
- Why was this decision made? PI is moving away from the individual tile options like Task List, To-Do's because of a thematic change in how Dashboards are to be used. Now instead of adding a canned tiles, we offer up to 8 Report tiles, 8 Charts, and 8 Web Pages to give you more flexibility in how tiles are added.
- How can I get my old tiles back, like the Issues list in the new UI after I remove it? If you do really want the old tiles back on, you can revert back to the old UI to add the tile back onto your Dashboard and then switch back to the new UI
Additional Features Added
Project Type column added to Task Assignment Report
WBS Code (Task ID) added as filter on Task Reports
New option for Issues to have additional resources
Time Sheet submitter now has the option to Unsubmit their Pending Time Sheet
"%" added to the Proposal Line as optional field - to show what is done or completed
Project Custom Fields now filters on Resource Allocation Report
Department and Type filter now on Project Template page
Added ability on Project Request Report to add comments inline
Department Manager system role added to the user profile - added ability to act as a PMO Manager on only projects in your assigned Department
"Save and Add Other" removed from Custom Item Add/Edit
Task Reports now save correctly when saving with Collapsed or Expanded Group By's
"On-It" notification no longer appears in Project Activity tab
"My Work" gear icon now correctly appears in the Left Navigation while on the Project Home
Project Number now correctly shown in addition to the Project Name when using the "Project Selector" custom field Input Type
"Remaining" calculation corrected on the Invoice line level
Group By's on Portfolio/Resource Allocation Reports no longer calculate Duration as it was not intended to be a calculated field
Ability to drag/move columns on the Project Gantt Chart View restored
Approval Home no longer shows Approvals that you will need to take action on, only shows Approvals to take action on
Proposal Deliverables correctly map over to Invoice Deliverables; Date, Expense Code, Classification
Bulk Editing task names no longer truncates special characters
Welcome Email type fixed
Cross Project Gantt Chart report now correctly exports projects based on Department, Type, and Status filters
Release Date: 7/27/2022
Please sign in to leave a comment.