The public project request has a few different levels of managing the visibility of custom fields. It is important keep in mind all of them when determining why a field is showing or not showing.
The levels are:
- Custom Field Type, in regard to types visible on public request form.
- Custom Field is active and location type.
- If "Free Client Users" add-on installed
1. Custom Field Type (Enabling field types might expose internal information that was not meant for public viewing)
In the Project Request Form for Public add-on configuration at the bottom you will find these options
These options allow for specific types of fields to show on the public form. Example if you want a custom field to show that is of type Company Selector
You will need to check the "Enable Company Fields" on the public project request configuration screen.
2. Custom Field is active and location visible
On the custom field configuration itself you will want to make sure it is set to "Active" checked and that the "Input Location" is not set to "none"
3. "Free Client Users" add-on installed
If your workspace is using the client user add-on it is important to keep in mind that anyone using the public Project Request form that is not signed into Project Insight will be treated as a "Client" user. Meaning that if the custom field is set up to be not visible to client users it will also not be visible to anyone not signed in.
This setting can be found on the custom field edit form on the advanced tab as seen here
Please sign in to leave a comment.