Just like our handy Project Task List Import via Excel, your Custom Items can easily be imported into Project Insight using 2 things - a saved report and and Excel file!
What is a Custom Item?
A Custom Item is a personalized form that any admin in PI can make - see more details on this article!
- A Custom Item can act as a Risk Register, Change Order form, or anything your team needs it to be
Step 1: Save the Report
Save a report for the Custom Item you want to import.
- Navigate to the Reports Home
- Scroll down to the Custom Items section that will provide which Item to report on
- Click on the Custom Item desired to report/import
- Run/Save a new report with the columns (fields) you want to import
Step 2: Import Custom Items
Now that your report is saved, you can import 1 or as many Custom Items as you need!
- On the saved report, click on the "Import" button on the top right
- Get your Excel file ready to match the columns with the columns on the report
- Upload the file!