Your guide to quick starting collaboration on your highest work management priorities. We outline the topics covered below in free webinars with references to more detailed articles and videos. You were added with administrative user settings when you signed up, providing you access to everything described in these lesson plans.
- Lesson 1: Getting around your Home screen
- Lesson 2: Add a project
- Lesson 3: Add work schedules and assignments
- Lesson 4: Adding users
- Lesson 5: Using real-time reports
- Lesson 6: Using the mobile app
- Lesson 7: Add-ons to extend additional functionality
Lesson 1: Getting around your Home Screen
You Home screen is for quick reference to active project and work assignments. Project Managers can add work assignments starting here too.
|Work List||All Work assigned to you with due dates and progress updates|
|Project||You are a member of the team in these projects|
The Home Screen and the mobile app Home referenced later in these lessons are very similar.
Lesson 2: Add a project
Your Projects contains your project list. Project Managers can add projects to the list and assign new work schedules within those projects.
- Name the project
- Status to make it either an active project for working tasks now or inactive for later
- Return to the task list for adding work assignments
Lesson 3: Add work schedules and assignments
The project presents a list within which you can schedule task dates and assign resources who will perform the work. Add your tasks.
- Name each task
- Set task dates
- Choose a resource to do the task’s work
Lesson 4: Adding users
Add all users with the default settings in System Roles. You can change those settings later as you determine more functionality to grant different users.
- Add user with settings on the general tab and ignore other tabs for now
- Change the user Active selection if you do not want to invite the user to join yet
Lesson 5: Using real-time reports
Reports query real time data for easily reading what’s important to you.
- Choose the report you want, projects or tasks
- Choose the filters to only include the data you want the report to retrieve
- Choose the display columns to choose only the columns you want within the data retrieved
Lesson 6: Using the mobile app
As referenced earlier, the Home Screen and the mobile app home page are similar. The mobile app is primarily used as a convenience for field work and travel.
- Update work assignments
- Comment on work assignments
- Track time spent on the work
- Track expenses with photo option for receipts
PI Mobile article and app links
Lesson 7: Add-ons to extend additional functionality
Add-ons have functionality not referenced in this easy getting started article, with a few common exceptions such as time and expense tracking on mobile.
- Use the Add-ons from the My Insight menu
- Review Installed Add-Ons and Get More Add-Ons
Each add-on contains a brief description and more detailed articles for preview. Most of the add-ons are available free for a 14-day trial.
Get started setting up your users and work management knowing there are a wealth of features in add-ons to layer valuable functionality as needed. Budget forecasting, customer billing, actual time tracking, actual expense tracking and resource availability projections are all very commonly implemented with add-ons. And there are many more!
See the Project Insight Walkthrough FAQ section and add your questions to the bottom as new posts. We’ll get you answers to what matters most!
Please sign in to leave a comment.