Many times an approval may have routing to the same set of people based on what kind of item being approved. For exaample, project requests may always be routed to 3 specific people on a review board.
Install the Add-on
Add this add-on in the Administration > Add-Ons > Get more Add-Ons:
Click Install, then Configure:
Adding Approval Templates
On the configuration page, add a new approval template on the blank row. Each row is saved individually and you can have as many templates as you need. The fields are:
- Name - give the template a name that will let users know they are picking the right template for their approval
- Description (HTML) - Enter in a description that will get added to any new approval request using this template. Only do this if it is the same or close to the same for every approval that would use this template. Don't worry, you can change the description on the resulting approval if it needs minor tweaks. If this is unique each time, just leave it blank on the template
- Approvers - select all approvers needed for this kind of approval
- Approvals Routed Sequentially? - select this option if this approval will be routed in a sequential chain
- Click the save icon
Using Approval Templates
- Go to your Home Screen (Note: you can also do this from your Dashboard by mousing over the blue + icon and selecting Approval)
- Click on the Approvals card
- In the Approvals layer, click [Add]
- Click the [Existing Item] button at the bottom of the next page
- PI will ask you what type of item. Choose from the list
- Start typing the name of your item in the "find" box and select it from the list
- If you want to use an approval template, select the template you want to use from the list
- Fill out and send your approval request per these steps starting at the second section
"Approval - Add/Edit"
Please sign in to leave a comment.