If you created a Work Item and after hitting Save it seemed to "disappear," where did it go?? Did this new project/issue/project request/etc. get hidden or lost only to be found in the PI Search Bar?
The answer, no! It is living safe and sound in the Uncategorized folder. But why? And how do I stop this crazy train? There is one place you need to go to fix this... the Add-Ons section.
- In your Add-Ons section, go to the Folder Organization Add-On
- Scroll down to the "Item Default Folder Settings"
- Choose the Item type you need to fix from sending to Uncategorized folder (Project, Issue, etc.)
- Select the Default Folder of your liking
- And/or choose whether you want to select the 'Parent Item' - or a custom folder (other than the Default folder)
Note: if you are used to the 'Parent Item' option to choose where this new item is going to live, you will want to enable that checkbox
Ex: I chose to make the "Projects" folder as my default and I allowed "Choosing a Custom Location."