With Project Insight for Outlook, you can:
- Keep all your communications straight with outside parties and your internal team
- Create tasks directly from an email
- Create Issues directly from an email
Sign in using your existing PI workspace name to get started!
Find it on the Microsoft AppSource here: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200000163?src=office&tab=Overview
Install Outlook Add-in
- Go to "Get Add-ins" in your Outlook email
- Find Project Insight for Outlook and click "Add"
Set Up and Connect
- Now you'll see the "Open PI" button at the top right of your Outlook window
- Click the button to connect to your workspace
- Enter the Device Activation code
Send and Save to PI!
- Go to the email you want to work with and click "Open PI"
- Choose what action you want to take
- Each option let's you pick from the active projects that are assigned to you
Open the PI Add-In
The Project Insight Add-In will not always appear as "open" - you will need to open up the Add-In by following these steps:
Let's See it in Action
I (Bill) got an email from my stellar colleague that really needs to be made into a task on a current project
- Choose the project
- Choose the Task to precede
- Assign the Task to resource
- Assign the Work Hours
Note: include a copy of the attachments and/or the email as well
Find your new task in your PI Project!