If you have dug deep into the Resource Allocation Report, you may want to find you want Project Insight to adjust remaining work hours across current tasks' duration. PI can use the remaining work hours and automatically adjust by the % Complete. The feature is called "Adjusted Work."
Adjusted Work equals the Remaining Work from today through the end of the task schedule. All work from before today is the Work Hours Completed equally divided from the start date of the task to the previous working day. Adjusted Work will always equal the Work Hours up until the task schedule has started.
In the example below, today is November 12 with 75% complete on task Testing Revision 21.4. The task schedule is from November 6-15. The 16 Work Hours Completed are 4 hours/day for the previous four days in the schedule with 1 hour per day to complete the remaining four hours in the remaining four scheduled days.
- Run a Project Resource Allocation Report (generic)
- Without the Work Adjusted field, Mr. Boss will have his 11 Work Hours spread over 5 days (2.2hrs/day)
- Include "Work Adjusted" and "Graph By Adjusted Hours" from the Row Selections in the Display & Filter Options
- Update the task to a Work Status other than "Not Started" - in my example I did "Almost Done"
- Now (below) the amount of work finished on Mon and Tues reflects the Work Status of Almost Done, and the remaining work has been adjusted.
If you are a Microsoft Project enthusiast, we do offer a Manual Leveling Work feature. We have reasons to not like MSP resource leveling, but the feature exists in PI.