In addition to the System Default Work Schedule, some organizations need additional system-wide work schedules.
For example, some organizations have multiple international locations with varying holiday schedules or working times.
Why to create multiple work schedules
Create multiple work schedules with the most common work schedules across these projects or groups of users, then apply these alternate schedules to user work schedules and project work schedules.
That way you don't have to edit every individual work schedule and user and project work schedule if they use the defaults. You would only edit them if there were changes from their defaults.
This also provides consistency and eliminates errors.
If you change the data in the system-wide work schedules, PI automatically updates all project and users using that schedule.
Adding multiple schedules
Add a New Work Schedule
- Click in the empty line
- Give the new work schedule a name
- Click the Active checkbox to toggle it on/off
- Schedules must be active to be available for scheduling a project or user
- Set a work schedule as Inactive if you are not finished inputting or if it is no longer applicable
- You may not be able to delete a work schedule in use (see below)
- Click Save icon or press enter
- The new Work Schedule is now in the list
- Click the hyperlinked name of the schedule to change the Work Hours or Days Off
- (See below for more details)
Change the Name of a Work Schedule or Toggle the Active Option
- Click the Edit icon or double click anywhere on the white space on the line
- Now you're in Inline Edit mode
- Change the name or select the Active checkbox
- Click the Save icon or press enter
- Yay for the new name!
Editing or Viewing Work Schedules
Only System Administrators can edit or view Work Schedules:
- Click the hyperlinked schedule name
- Change the Default Workdays
- Add Holidays, Non-Workdays and Special Days
- Hit Save
- You will be prompted to read about making changes to the Default Work Schedule
This notification alerts all affect Project Managers their schedules have changed due to the default calendar changing.
Delete a Work Schedule
The System Default work schedule cannot be deleted. There won't be a delete option available for the default schedule. If the name of the system default work schedule was changed, then you can tell which one is the default because no delete icon is available.
For any other work schedule, click the Delete icon for the work schedule.
If a work schedule is assigned to a project or user, you won't be able to deleted and a message displays.
Either remove that work schedule from the projects or users or set it to inactive. Inacitve means it can no longer be applied going forward.
Users Work Schedule
Project Work Schedule
The project work schedule will default to the default work schedule set for the creating user, but that can also be changed (see Project - General).