This article only applies if your company has turned on the ability for all users to edit their Personal Work Schedule
Every user has a work schedule in Project Insight.
This schedule shows the resourcing teams (and PMs) if you have availability for task assignments. Ideally: if you are not available, you shouldn't get tasks assigned to you.
PI gives you the control to add in the dates you are not available. In PI, we call them non-work days.
BEST PRACTICE: Updating your work calendar is usually reserved for scheduled time off, but check with your PI administrators for your company's policies on when to update your personal work calendar
Quick Tip: Your calendar inherits from your company's PI calendar, so you don't need to enter in company holidays or any non-work day that is for the entire company.
How do I enter a non-work day?
- Mouse over your name/picture in the top navigation and select "Edit Work Schedule"
- Click on the HOLIDAYS, NON-WORKDAYS AND SPECIAL DAYS tab
- Select the type of non-work day
- (Non-Working Days, Vacation, PTO, Leave of Absence)
- Enter in the dates
- If this is one day, just enter in the 'from' date; the 'to' date is auto-filled with the same date
- If this is for more than one day, enter both dates
- Click the [Add] button to add the dates to the list
- When done, click the [Save] button
- After you click [Save], a dialog box will ask if you want to continue
- Click [Save and Send PM a Notification email]
- This is important
- It notifies your PMs they should check your assignments