The add-on is divided into these configuration sections.
- Allocation & Capacity Settings
- Utilization Settings
- Allotment Settings
- Other Settings
The following options are most common and set within this first section.
- Adjusting capacity of resources to default to a value which is not 100%
- Sending nightly email reports of over allocation
- Warning of over allocation during certain task assignment processes
- Setting an option to override or not override over allocation when warned (recommended to allow)
- Setting allocation reporting to user views without having to provide global allocation report data
Capacities are normally set to 100%. Warnings in the interface will use the Capacity Percent Max Default as the guideline for those warnings which are often used to allow some value greater than 100% before the warning. You may decide not to warn until the resource has been over allocated by 115%, for example.
Setting utilization guidelines may be desirable to show the target utilization in reports as a better representation than capacity. A resource may be over allocated based on the key utilization versus max capacity because resources are often used for non-project work. This setting is often overridden at the user profile when it differs by user, which is very common.
Allotments can be enabled for those who choose to measure recommended allocation by individual project. Allotment usage is recommended only when appropriate for organizations already providing allotment data with the understanding of the additional overhead to maintain it. It is not recommended if never used in the past and when resource allocation measurement is new to an organization.
Cumulative data reporting, FTE calculations and other options are listed for lessor used and sometimes even not recommended options. See the use of Work Manual Leveling in its own article at the link.
% Allocation next to Resource name on the Task list
The system defaults to not showing the % Allocation next to the Resource name, if you want the % to show, check the box below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.