When you enter Work Expense and/or Work Billable Expense onto your tasks, you sometimes want to breakdown these non-labor items further. You don't really want to add multiple tasks, but you want to build up the total non-labor item for the tasks you have from more detail.
Adding Non-labor Cost & Revenue to your Tasks
There are two common ways to add non-labor cost and revenue detail to your tasks. One is through inline editing on your Task List. The other is in the full task display page.
Inline Editing on Your Task List
- The key to this method is making sure that the Work Expense and/or the Work Expense Billable columns are on your task list.
- Go into inline edit mode on a task by either double-clicking on a row (just make sure you're not on a link) or clicking the edit icon on the row
- Click on the triangle in either the Work Expense or Work Billable Expense cell
TIP: You can add all the details for both Work Expense and/or Work Billable Expense in the same layer that pops up
- Enter the the following info for each row to build up your details
- #: This is a line number and allows you to put the details in the order you want them to appear. If you use the Revenue/Billing/Invoice Records in PI, these line #s will transfer to a proposal line items and ultimately the resulting invoice record line items.
- Name: This is a free form name; put in anything you need to
- Expense Code: these are expense codes flagged as a Task Work Expense Code
- Use D...: This really means "use default rates" but we ran out of room. Check this if you are using a Rate Card rate or a default from the expense code admin
- QTY: Enter how many
- Rate: This is the cost rate i.e. how much you are going to pay per item
- Total: This is the math of QTY * Rate
- Billable Rate: This is the rate per item you are going to charge your customer
- Billable Total: This is the math of QTY * Billable Rate
- Click the + sign on the row to add it and stay on the layer
- Save or click OK to close the layer and continue inline editing your task
Task Display Page
- Click on an existing task to go to the Task Display page
- Go to the Work Expense Details section
- On the blank row, enter the info for each row as per #4 in the Inline editing section above
- Click the + sign at the end of the row to add it. This saves it too
TIP: to edit a detail row, just double-click on it. Don't forget to click the refresh icon at the end of the row to save your changes