After you are introduced to pulling data out of PI using API's you can begin to manipulate the data using the Power BI tools. See our other associated articles;
- First, Get Project Insight Data into Power Bi using REST
- Extract Saved Report to Excel without API
- Get your Project Data Directly to Excel
Establish the Web Connection with your API token
Refer to our previous articles for this step in Creating an PI Token.
Make sure the "URL preview" includes the URL of your PI Report.
You will see a status screen followed by a Access Content confirmation. Go ahead and continue with "Anonymous" and the default settings.
Select the Appropriate Table you want to Sync with in the Excel Navigator
In a typical PI Report page, it's one of the tables around "Table 4". Select your table, and when ready, click the Load button.
PI Data Loads in Excel
Once this connection has been made, the file has a permanent sync to the dyanmic data being provided by PI.
- You will only have to do this process ONCE
- Every time the file opens, Excel will fetch the PI data in real-time
- (If you want to do this manually, explore the Excel settings to modify this Excel behavior.)