Users can be deleted, although it is a discouraged practice. If a user has been deleted it is not always obvious. The user may have been accidentally deleted and then entered back into the system without the awareness the user is now a different user record. It's easy to see the difference once you know how to view a deleted user.
Deleted User Problems
- A user doesn't see tasks which are clearly assigned to his or her name. Time sheets and dashboards don't show the work assigned.
- A report with the user filter does not show all of the tasks assigned to that user's name.
Further Troubleshooting a Deleted User
- Find the user in questions name, such as on a task assignment or a time entry.
- Click on the hyperlink to view the user's profile.
- Can a user manager edit the user profile?
Duplicate Active User Looks the Same as the Deleted User
- Click to the user who is in the user administration so that you're viewing that user's profile. Keep this in a separate tab or browser while looking for the next user.
- Click to a task or other assignment that does not show as expected for the user in question.
- Do the two URLs for the users in the different views have a matching ID? If not, they are two different users. You will need to re-assign the existing user to the correct items to fix this mistake.
In the example below we have a resource named Bill Ferguson. Note the ID in the URL begins with e210...
Next we have another resource with the same name. The URL has a different identifier than the user above. This user ID starts with eb7... Also, the options a user administrator has to edit the user do not exist. This user has been deleted and cannot be recovered.
Please sign in to leave a comment.