Budget reports break down project and financial data into timed phases.
For example, where a Project Report will show you the health or values for the entire length of the project, a budget report will break that project down into month by month.
Create a Portfolio Allocation Report
In the Reports home of Project Insight, Portfolio Allocation is the first option under Budget reports:
Click the Create Portfolio Allocation Report button to get started
Display & Filter Options
Filter for the desire Project results
Like all reports in Project Insight, you first narrow down which types of projects you want to see from the following filtering criteria:
- Date Range Options filter out projects that fall within certain date ranges
- Companies will narrow the results to only project associated with a specific company
- Task Options can narrow by Task Type, etc.
What information do you want to know about those projects?
The next set of options asks which data fields are important to you.
Charting adds up to four charts to display line graphs, bar charts, or pie charts.
Work Rows will compare the fields that involve Hours:
- Scheduled Work is the Work Hours for the time specified
- Actual Entered Hours sums the Time Entries for the time specified
- Completed Work is based on the percent completed during the time specified
Financial Rows compare Actual Costs vs Billable Costs for the time specified:
- Planned Values available in both cost figures and billable figures
- Earned Values available in both cost figures and billable figures
- Actual Values available in both cost figures and billable figures
All six variations can calculate for Time, Expense and Total values.
Cumulative is used primarily for charting to see a line graph grow as the values accumulate.
How do you want that information displayed?
Now that you've chosen your projects and what you want to know about those projects, tell the report how to group the information:
For example, you could use the Date selection at the top of the filtering options to say "Show me information for the current year" but then use the Group By section to break down that information month by month (see above).
Roll Ups also allow you to total and sub total the information based on Company, Project State, Project Type, Resource or Resource Type (just to name a few).
When you're finished, run the report to see the results:
The gray bar highlights the values for each project.
Use the triangle carats to expand and collapse according to your Group By selections.
Quick Tip: Use the Tools icon to expand/collapse rows all at once:
Save, Share & Schedule
Continue reading the following articles for using the options at the bottom of ALL reports:
Please sign in to leave a comment.