If your team uses and schedules shop machines or any industrial machines, then you might find yourselves in need of a scheduler. PI has that solution! Use the Calendar option under your My Insight menu, then filter the display by Project, Resource Type and by Resource (see Calendar documentation).
- Create the Placeholder Resources that match your machinery
- Assign the "Machine" Placeholders to the appropriate machine tasks
- Select those Placeholder Resources in the Resource menu on your Display Options
- (There is no need to select the Project because you want to include all Active Projects)
- Check the box for "Display Task/To-Do Details" to see the Task Details
- By following the steps above, you can see that the Calendar is showing when all of the machines are being used and when they are available accross all Active Projects.
- Another useful tip that you can see in the Task Details is who will be using the machine, specified by the Task Owner with the Additional Resource defined by the specific machine they will be using.
Please sign in to leave a comment.