The Time Sheet admin page allows the user to set up the process for entering and approving time throughout the system.
The stuff you care about
- The time sheet approval process to the preferences for your organization: Time Approval Work Flow
Time Sheet Period
- How often does your team submit time?
- Semi Monthly
- This will effect how the time windows will appear on the Time Entry Worksheet, Time Sheet Report and Unsubmitted Time Entry Sheet
Time Sheet Week Start
- The day your accounting week begins. Ask the finance team if they have a specific day. If that day is any day other than Sunday or Monday, check out this feature request for additional days
Enable Approver Selections
- Could be necessary if you want to allow each user to select any time sheet approver
- This is not the default because by default the approver on the users profile is the only user a Time Sheet Submitter can select
- The System Admin sets the user's default approver in the User Resource Info
The Stuff you can ignore
Single Time Sheet per Period
- Checked by default
- Only change if you want users to submit multiple time sheets within a time period
- I'm not sure why you'd want this
- Leave a comment below if you take advantage of "multiple time sheets within a period"
Submit Timesheet from Grid
- The Time Entry Grid is a convenient way to enter, update, and submit your time
- I'm not sure why you would want to turn this off, but there's a checkbox none-the-less
Time Sheet Minimum
- Project Insight will validate that a minimum number of hours entered before accepting a new time sheet submission
- Set the minimum hours here for the default minimum hours setting or in the user's profile Resource Info settings (this overrides the default)
- Time sheet minimum hours are not enforced for any user set as a Time Sheet Approver
Time Sheet Minimum Daily Hours
- Validates a minimum number of hours per day before accepting a time sheet - can also be set by resource within user resource info.
Time Sheet Maximum Daily Hours
- Validates that a maximum number of hours per day before accepting a time sheet - can also be set by resource within user resource info
Lock Down Period & Lock Down Grace Period
- If your accounting team wants you to limit additions or changes to time entries after a certain time: Time Entry Lock Down
Allow Time Sheet Submit Custom Dates
- Check this box to allow users to pick their own Time Sheet Period (different than the Time Sheet period you specified above). I'm not sure why you'd need this.
Allow Custom Time Sheet Name
- For those users who want to name their own Time Sheet because it's so much fun to name things!
Enable Company Filter for Time Sheet Submit
- A resource can filter entries to only submit a Time Sheet by company
Enable Project Filter for Time Sheet Submit
- A resource can filter entries to only submit a Time Sheet by specific project
Enable Approved Time Sheet Editing
- Don't know what this does. Let me know if you figure it out.