Once you have installed and configured the PI Integration for QuickBooks Desktop app and have all your other items setup correctly, now comes the fun part - running the QuickBooks Web Connector to get your data
The Web Connector - first time use
The first time you use the QuickBooks Web Connector, there will be a few extra steps yo go through to initialize the app :
- Make sure that QuickBooks in running with the desired company file open.
TIP 1: The QuickBooks Web Connector must be installed on the same machine that the QuickBooks application is installed (not the QBDT database).
TIP 2: You must be logged into QBDT as an administrator.
TIP 3: The company file must be in single-user mode.
- From the PI Integration for QuickBooks Desktop configuration screen, download the Web Connector file
- Launch the Web Connector application from the QBDT application from the top menu File > Update Web Services
- Click the [Add an application] button in the lower right corner. Navigate to the configuration file that you downloaded from PI in step 2 above.
- QuickBooks will prompt you to review the application that is requesting access to your company file. It is recommended that you choose "Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open". Grant access by choosing one of the options and clicking [Continue...]
- The next screen is where you actually grant authorization. Click [OK] to authorize.
- Click [Done] on the Access Confirmation dialog to complete the authorization process.
- You should now see the PI application listed in the Web Connector. Now you can copy the Web Connector password from the PI Integration for QuickBooks Desktop configuration screen and paste it into the password box in the Web Connector.
- After pasting the password, tab out of the box and you will be prompted to save your password. Click [Yes].
- To run the import process check the box to the left of the PI application in the Web Connector and then click the "Update Selected" button.
Whether your process is a success or fails to complete, the status column of the QuickBooks Web Connector will tell you. If your process failed, look for these common reasons why:
- You do not have a valid QBDT item defined for an invoice code that is on your invoice record
- You are not auto-creating companies and the company could not be found
- You do not have a valid QBDT code defined for an expense code that is being transferred
- The user does not have a valid QBDT vendor name
- You do not have at least on valid QBDT payroll code defined
- The user does not have a default payroll code in their user profile and there is no valid payroll code for a time code that is being transferred
- The user does not have a valid QBDT employee name