To add to the functionality of Project Insight, we have introduced the Client View user that can gain access to PI at a limited level and at a free cost! These Client View users are more limited in access and visibility than a Team User and can only see the specific work that is assigned to them. Useful for a team that has external users and are tired of Project Managing by email. This feature is still in PREVIEW mode, so adjustments and/or fixes are to come.
The Client View feature is a free Add-on and can be found in our Get Add-ons page under the left Administration section. To start onboarding users in the Client View, follow the steps below!
- Install the Add-on
- Make sure Company Add-On is installed
- On the Client Users page, add your new Client User and associate them to an existing Company
- Now just make sure the the Client User is assigned to a Task, Project, or Issue, etc.
Though they are limited, Client View users have the ability to collaborate with items assigned to them while also showing up on their Worklist.
- Work Items like Tasks, Projects, Issues, Approval Requests, To-Dos, and Proposals are included and will appear on their dashboard
- Share Reports, only by email as shown in the article - Scheduling Reports via Email.
Users will also be able to comment, update the status of the items assigned to them and view files. The screenshot below shows an average dashboard of a Client View user. Please comment on this article or post on our community about any questions regarding the Client View Portal - PI Community.