The moment has arrived! In response to your feature requests, Project Insight has a new way to "Add Tasks" to your Project's Task List:
From the "Add Tasks" icon in the top right corner of your screen, the third option allows for "Import from Excel."
Everything you need is available in the Import from Excel screen:
Download PI Template: Launches an Excel Template with all the fields the import supports
Summary Task: Add Tasks to an Existing Summary Task or leave blank to add to the bottom of the project
Choose File & Upload: It's as easy as saving your file and uploading it
Couple of Quick Tips: The only tricky part is knowing what the columns mean in the Excel template
- Task ID: Put whatever you want in here, it only affects the import
- Parent ID: Use the Task ID to determine Task and Summary Task - create as deep of a hierarchy as you'd like
- Name: Task Name
- Duration: Project Insight supports days, weeks, months, even partial days
- Work Hours: The import supports however you would enter work hours in Project Insight
- Dates: Set the dates with a "Start no earlier than" constraint or leave blank to allow predecessors to work their scheduling magic
- Resource: import one or multiple Resources but make sure the name of the column is singular: "Resource"
- The name will only add to the Task List if the user already exists in PI
- Predecessor: Use the Task's name to set Finish to Start predecessor