The system administrator will have set up default dashboards, this could be a system wide dashboard, dashboards for different groups of users, dashboards for users that belong to different companies or even default dashboards set up for individual users. (If the system administrator didn't set up a default dashboard, then a system default one is displayed).
This is the dashboard that will show when you first log in.
- A system wide dashboard may be set up that shows information commonly accessed by project resources (such as a list of tasks, list of issues and list of projects to which they are assigned).
- Another dashboard may be set up for all project managers and set as the default dashboard for all users in the project manager group.
- A third dashboard may be set up for a specific company and set as the default dashboard for all users associated with that company (such as any customer users that log in).
- Finally, an individual user dashboard could be set up for the president of the company by the system administrator so they don't have to set it themselves.
Each user that logs in may have a different main dashboards.
If a user has multiple default dashboards shared with them, the last one saved is used.
Default dashboards are applied when a user logs into the Project Insight system for the first time. The users main dashboard automatically inherits all the settings and display options from the default dashboard (so it looks exactly like the default dashboard but they are actually separate dashboards). After that first log in, the main dashboard can be changed by each individual user as normal. The original default shared dashboard is not changed, it is just used as the basis to create the users main dashboard. A user can reset their main dashboard at any time so that it once again looks exactly the same as the default dashboard.
Set as Personal Default
Clicking this option will set your personal default based on the current dashboard settings. It is not necessary to save a dashboard view in order to make it your personal default. Your personal default is stored without a saved dashboard record visible in the interface, however, your personal default could be lost in the event that a system administrator overrides your personal default. If you are concerned that this might happen, you can opt to save the dashboard you have made as your personal default so that you can easily return to it if it does get overridden.
Reset to Default
Reset to default will reset the current dashboard to the System Default layout.
You can access all of your Saved Dashboads at this link and see which Companies, Groups or Users you have shared it with.
Rename a Dashboard
- To change the name of your already saved Dashboards, select "Saved Dashboards" first to get to your list.
- Then choose the Dashboard you want to edit and enter into that Dashboard view
- Once you are in that Dashboard view, click Save Dashboard on the bottom and you will be able to edit the name/Save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.