The following information is primarily provided for legacy customers who may still manage their own servers and should be verified with the support team prior to any upgrades.
We do recommend migration to our Azure platform. Let us help you migrate from legacy on-premise by calling us at 949/476.6499 or submitting a ticket request.
If using Azure SQL instead of SQL Server. We use the DTU pricing model but there is also the vCore model. Some research will be required to determine what works best for your organization.
The pricing tool from Microsoft Azure can be found here:
Our recommended tier to use is the P1 in the DTU model. With our absolute minimum requirement being S3. It is important to keep in mind your organization could outgrow these recommended specifications, requiring the need to use a higher tier.
There are other feature you might decide to use based on your organizations needs like Long-term-retention if more backups are needed to keep with compliance or geo-replication for redundancy.
Server Requirements (On-premise only)
Please note: Minimum requirements are suggested starting point. Realistically determine your system requirements by testing and monitoring system performance. On-premises is not intended for use by organizations without a scalable infrastructure, along with the performance diagnostics used to quickly identify the need for upscaling systems.
The Project Insight is built on Microsoft's .NET platform. An on premise (installed) system requires a properly configured Windows Server 2016+ 64-bit (virtual server OK).
Minimum Server Hardware Requirements:
- 4+ core processor
- 32+ GB RAM
- 500GB+ free hard drive space (or an appropriate amount for additional file storage.)
- If hosting Database on same server, a larger secondary disk is recommended for storing all Database related files and backups.
- Dedicated server or Dedicated Virtual Server Environment
Minimum Server Software Requirements:
- Windows Server 2016+ 64-bit Server, service packs up-to-date
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016+ 64-bit Standard Edition Processor License, service packs up to date
- IIS 10.0+ configured for ASP.Net 4.8
- IIS SMTP Service (or other SMTP server which allows relay from the web server or email sending service)
- Microsoft Windows Search