The group feature in Project Insight allows for system administrators to communicate with either all or multiple users in the system through alerts, notifications, assignments, permissions, and more. Those forms of communication tend to be either dynamic or static, which is what is clarified below. For more information on using and assigning groups, see the Groups article.
When are Groups Dynamic?
By dynamic, we mean adjustable to tailor the administrator's needs. If you need to give certain permissions to one group as users fluctuate, the administrator can easily add or remove users to that group and therefore it's permissions.
- Communication settings are set for each group by the Admin icon of Groups shown in the screenshot
- To ensure Folders are only viewed by the desired users you can edit the Folder and correct the permissions to the desired Company, Group or User
- Project Assignment
- When assigning Projects to resources, that will be restricted to the group to which you gave permissions
- Under Notification Settings you are able to check a box to "Enable Group Auto-Alerts"
When are Groups Static?
Groups can have adjustable as well as fixed characteristics. Once you assign an Auto-Alert to a Folder, Issue, Project or Task, the alert will be fixed to that group. By clicking the edit icon in the View column for any one of the Auto-Alerts shown in the Auto-Alerts article, you will expand into the detailed rules/criteria set for that particular Auto-Alert.
- When viewing Project Insight on almost any window there is a "Tools" option with a drop down menu, that is where you can assign Auto-Alerts
- Those Auto-Alerts are specific to either a User, Role or Group.