Time Entry Reports show the entries that calculate the Actual Hours and Actual Time fields in Project Insight.
Create a Time Entry Report
In the Reports home of Project Insight, Time Entry Report is the first option under Time reports:
Click the Create Time Entry Report button to get started.
Display & Filter Options
This report runs in three modes for powerful filtering options in one click:
- Standard Report runs the filtering options like all other reports in PI
- Time Entries for Active Projects that I'm a Project Manager automatically filters the results to those Projects where you're the PM
- Your Time Entries is especially helpful for Team Members who only want their own entries
Filter for the desire Time Entry results
Like all reports in Project Insight, you first narrow down which types of time entries you want to see based on the following filtering criteria:
- Date Range Options filter out time entries that fall within certain date ranges
- Companies will narrow the results to only time entries associated with a specific company
- Projects can narrow by Project Type or select Active projects by their specific name
Special Filtering Options for Time Entries
Special to the Time Entry report, there are checkboxes to limit your results according to your Time Entry Process:
- Filter your entries by Billable and Non-billable
- Filter your entries by where they are in the approval process
- Unsubmitted time entries are saved to a time sheet but the team member has not hit submit
- Not approved time entries have been submitted but await approval - these could be pending or rejected entries
- Not invoiced time entries have been approved, but await attaching to an invoice
- Invoiced time entries have completed the Professional Services process and cannot be edited
What information do you want to know about these Time Entries?
The next set of options asks which data fields are important to you.
Group By / Sub Total Options sort order, roll-up information, and organize your results.
Using the Columns tutorial is already in the Page Display Options article, but these columns are every possible reportable field in Project Insight. Some are entered by the user and others are calculated.
When you're finished, run the report to see the results:
If using Group Bys, use the triangle carats to expand and collapse according to your Group By selections.
Quick Tip: Use the Tools icon to expand/collapse rows all at once:
Save, Share & Schedule
Continue reading the following articles for using the options at the bottom of ALL reports:
Please sign in to leave a comment.