Want to use Expenses in PI?
1. Set up users in the system to submit and approve Expense Reports
- Set a Default Expense Approver in each user's profile
- Both settings are in the User Profile > Resource Info [tab] under the Time and Expense Information section.
- Check the “When enabled the resource can create expense entries”
- Select the Default Expense Report Approver from the dropdown
- If you do not see the Approvers name in the list, that Approver MUST be designated as an Expense Report Approver in their System Roles:
2. Set up Expense Settings
See Expense Settings article to set it up.
Don't want to use Expenses?
Remove the ability for users to see the expense entry worksheet and expense report information if you do not plan to use the feature.
- Set in User Profile > Resource Info [tab] under the Time and Expense Information section
- Disable the field called "When enabled the resource can create expense entries" in each user's profile (see image above).
- You can make this change all at once by adding the column "Enable Expense Entry" to the User Administration page. Change all the "yeses" in the column to "no" to avoid Expense Entry questions.
This same principle applies if a user cannot see Expense Entry information and you wantExpense Entries. Check their profile.