The Shortcut is considered a type of content. Please review Adding Content for a full explanation of how content is added in various places throughout Project Insight.
- Shortcuts are added in order to provide a link to content which is usually contained outside of Project Insight, or within PI
- Use the add icon to create a new Shortcut (or other items)
- Parent Item is the place in the folder structure where you are adding the shortcut
- URL is the link information for the shortcut
- Click Action enables you to chose from a drop down list how you would like the link to open
* If the shortcut is to a file on a local file system which will be opened by a desktop application, "Display in current web browser window" is recommended. The application associated with a local file will normally be launched to open the file separate from the browser without requiring any additional configuration.