Import Time Codes from a Microsoft Excel (XLS) file. You can use this method for adding new time codes or making mass updates to existing time codes.
For more information about Time Codes see article.
Steps for creating an import file:
- Export an Excel file from the Administration > Time Code list
- This document will act as the template for your import
- There is a Quick Select option in the Display Options to export all columns
- This ensures you use the required and most common data columns for the time code import data
- Quick Tip: You may want to export one time code in the export as an example for the data fields needed
- Modify the data in Excel
- Copy/paste is your friend
- Save the completed file as an Excel Workbook file
The format of the Excel file must be used as-is without modification to any data cell formatting prior to the import. Adding a space to a field header or changing a capital letter to a lower case letter in the field header will skip that column upon import.
The import file must also contain the following required fields:
The import process will take you through the following steps:
- Prompt for the Excel file to import
- List the time codes available to import
- This page REQUIRES a checkbox by each Time Code to import - DON'T MISS THIS
- Confirm the completion of the import with a list of the imported Time Code