Resource Types can be imported from a pre-configured Microsoft Excel value (XLS) file. This file easily adds or appends a list of new Resource Types. Please be aware of the high risk of unintentionally overwriting previous user settings or fields if you use this method to append.
Steps for creating an import file:
- Export an Excel file from the System Administration Resource Types list to use as the template for your import. You will find a Quick Select option in the Display Options to export all columns. By selecting all columns, you include both the required and most common data columns used for the Resource Type import. We recommend exporting at least one Resource Types as an example for the different data fields. You can delete that line from the spreadsheet once you no longer need the example before the import
- Modify the data in Excel. Copy/paste is your friend
- Save the completed file as an Excel Workbook file
The format of the Excel file must be used as-is without modification to any data cell formatting prior to the import. It must also contain the following required fields:
The import process will take you through the following steps.
- Prompt for the Excel file to import
- List the Resource Types available to import. YOU MUST select the checkbox by each Resource Type you want to import
- Confirm the completion of the import with a list of the imported Resource Type