Approval reports show all unsubmitted, outstanding, or completed Approvals in Project Insight.
If you want to create an Approval, read about Approvals.
Create an Approval Report
In the Reports home of Project Insight, Approval Report is the first option under Approval reports:
Click the Create Approval Report button to get started.
Display & Filter Options
Filter for the desire Approval results
Like all reports in Project Insight, you first narrow down which types of approvals you want to see from the following filtering criteria:
- Keywords search looks for item names for a quick search using the same parameters as the Advanced Search but filtered to Approval items only
- Date Range Options filter out approvals that fall within certain date ranges
- Approval Options are specific to the approval
- Status: Pending, Approved, or Denied
- Approvals: These are the types of approvals you can send and whether it's live or not
- Users will narrow the results to only approvals associated with a specific user
- Projects can narrow by Project Type or select projects by their specific name
What information do you want to know about those approvals?
The next set of options asks which data fields are important to you.
Charting will add up to four charts to display line graphs, bar charts, or pie charts.
Group By & Sub Totals sort order, roll-up information, and organize your results.
Using the Columns tutorial is already in the Page Display Options article, but these columns are every possible reportable field in Project Insight. Some are entered by the user and others are calculated.
When you're finished, run the report to see the results:
If using Group Bys, use the triangle carats to expand and collapse according to your Group By selections.
Quick Tip: Use the Tools icon to expand/collapse rows all at once:
Save, Share & Schedule
Continue reading the following articles for using the options at the bottom of ALL reports: