Did you know you could not only use Project Insight clipboard to move multiple items around PI, but you can also download or email multiple items from your clipboard?
Add Items to your Clipboard
- Select ‘Add to clipboard’ from your ‘Tools’ menu. From a high level folder view, this option will add the folder and its contents to your clipboard. To add a single task or item, drill down to that item by clicking its blue hyperlink
- Right click on a single item and select ‘Add to clipboard’ from the right click menu (Option, left-click for MAC users). Continue to add multiple items to build your clipboard list
- ’Cut and paste’ moves your selected item(s) from the clipboard to the new location.
- ’Paste’ copies the selected item(s) from the clipboard to the new location.
- ‘Email’ creates an email message with links to the selected item(s) from the clipboard.
- ’Download’ compresses your selected item(s) into a single zip file for quick, easy download from the clipboard.
- ‘Clear’ removes the selected item(s) from the clipboard.
- This option clears the selected item(s) immediately after the desired action
To view the items on your clipboard, right-click at any time and hover over ‘View clipboard’ to show what's been added or clear the clipboard
Click 'View Clipboard' from either the right-click menu or the tools menu
This opens up the clipboard layer to cut, copy, email and download multiple files
Pasting Items from your Clipboard
Navigate to the desired location in Project Insight, then right-click and ‘View Clipboard’, then select the item(s) to take further action
Here are your options:
Rules for Copied Items
When copying an item, sub-items are copied too. For example, copying a folder with three uploaded files will paste a copy of that folder containing three new copies of the files
Time entries and comments WILL NOT be duplicated