Why use this report?
If your team shares resources across multiple projects, you need visibility into what projects each resource is assigned, or who is assigned to each project, maybe you want to set the resource's project-level resource type default or their role on the project.
The Project Resource Report breaks down Project-level resource assignments across the entire portfolio.
You can even enable inline editing to make changes without leaving the report.
Quick Tip: This is also a way to add Resources to more than one project in bulk. Make sure "Enable Inline Editing" is checked in the page display options and then start typing their name into the Resource column. Add them to as many Projects as you need.
Create a Project Resource Report
In the Reports home of Project Insight, Project Resource Report is the second option under Resource reports:
Click the Create Project Resource Report button to get started.
Display & Filter Options
Filter for the desire Project results
Like all reports in Project Insight, you first narrow down which types of projects or users you want to see from the following filtering criteria:
- Date Range Options filter out projects that fall within certain date ranges
- Companies will narrow the results to only project associated with a specific company
- Project Options can narrow by Project Type or select projects by their specific name
- Resources let you specify what type of user information you will see.
- Allotments date range gives you the option to provide as many buckets of allotment weeks you want to show, however the date range on the top of the report will specify what range of data will fill those buckets.
What information do you want to know about those projects?
The next set of options asks which data fields are important to you.
Charting will add up to four charts to display line graphs, bar charts, or pie charts.
Group By & Sub Totals sort order, roll-up information, and organize your results.
You can group the results of the report by Projects or by Resources:
- If you want to know who is assigned to each project - then group by project
- If you want to know what projects a resource is assigned to - then group by resource
Using the Columns tutorial is already in the Page Display Options article, but these columns are every possible reportable field in Project Insight. Some are entered by the user and others are calculated.
When you're finished, run the report to see the results:
If using Group Bys, use the triangle carats to expand and collapse according to your Group By selections.
Quick Tip: Use the Tools icon to expand/collapse rows all at once:
Save, Share & Schedule
Continue reading the following articles for using the options at the bottom of ALL reports: