Adding a custom item is done through the Administration > Customization > Custom Items
The resulting window will display a Custom Item - Add screen with 3 tabs (General, Input and Display).
Give the Custom Item a name to create a custom item which your team can use just like any other object in Project Insight.
Stuff that's actually important
Name the custom item
Icon Image File for the custom item. The icon should be 16 x 16 pixels. Otherwise, if this field is left blank, we'll use a default icon.
Enable Open/Close Should the item have an Open and Closed status?
Stuff you can ignore
Auto Number Type sets the numbering sequence for items
- Individual will assign sequential numbers for each custom item
- For example, the first item added will be assigned 1 even though another type of items will also be numbered as 1
- Global will assign numbers which will be unique to this custom item for each item added
- It will not use the same number which has been assigned to a different custom item which is also set to Global
- For example, another custom item type with Global auto-numbering may already have used numbers 1-20; therefore, the first item added using this custom item would have to be 21
- Folder will assign numbers which will be unique to the folder the item is contained within
Auto Number Prefix will add a prefix to all of the assigned numbers
- For example, you may want all numbers for this type of an item to begin with ACCT so that the first item might be numbered as ACCT1 instead of just 1
Auto-populate Assigned To with Creator automatically populates the Assigned To field with the creator of the item
Hide Related Items On Print enables all related items to not be printed
Hide All Tabs on Print enables tabs to not be printed
The item will become a hyperlink in the Item Types list within Item Properties throughout the site. Unless the custom item is a custom sub-item of another specific item, it will need to be configured in the folder properties as an allowable item within the folders the item should be allowed.
Most often, you will choose to add this item to the root "Items Allowed" and allow your new custom item everywhere in Project Insight.
After you have added the item, then add User Defined Fields to the item for what information you want to capture in this form.
Please sign in to leave a comment.