Project Managers and PMO Managers now have the ability to update multiple tasks at once using the new Bulk Task Editor.
Take a look at the far left on every Task List - does not matter which columns you current display - the Bulk Edit options are always available on the left.
- Check the boxes next to the tasks you wish to update or click the Bulk Edit menu in the top left corner of the Task List
- The top four options help you multi-select tasks by Check All, Uncheck All, Check only the Summary Tasks, or Check only the Non-Summary Tasks
- Bulk Edit options access the Bulk Edit Tasks layer to make multiple changes at once
- Options to Add or Remove a Resource are helpful when you want to add or remove someone from the Tasks selected
- Any changes you make to the Bulk Edit Tasks layer will make that change for ALL checked Tasks
- Current fields you are able to change:
- Work Hours
- Work Status
- Start Date
- End Date
- Constraint Type
- Resource Type
- New! Summary Task
- Set the same Predecessor for all selected tasks
- Task Owner
- Add multiple additional Resources
- Custom Fields (if set in the Custom Field configuration)
- As the Tasks change, you'll see the list update on the layer - Hit "Done"
This feature should save Project Managers time when changing multiple tasks at once.