These instructions are for Jira On Prem version. If you use Jira cloud, you can view the Getting Started for Jira Cloud article.
Install the Project Insight for Jira On Premise in Project Insight > Administration > Get Add Ons:
This will take you to the "App Installed" layer. Yay! Project Insight for Jira On Premise has been installed.
"Where to next?" you may ask yourself.
- Takes you to the configuration page to connect your Jira On Premise to Project Insight - Click here!
- Getting Started
- Takes you to this documentation you are reading right now - very meta...
- Keeps you on this page
- You may notice the "Install" button goes away
- Click the Your App & Add Ons button at the bottom of this page to go to the Configure page
You will be asked for the URL to your On Premise Jira installation, and the login information for your Jira administrator:
Upon Save, you'll see the Project Insight
Jira URL: This is your Jira work space
Jira User Context: This should be a Jira Administrator. The Project Insight for Jira will only have the permissions of this user so we recommend this user be an adminstrator
Global Integration Settings
Nickname: If you have multiple Jira instances, you can rename each instance so they make sense to your PI administrator
Map Jira Users to PI Users (hyperlink) This will take you to a separate screen to map your users
Automatically create (inactive) users: If Jira sends us a user we don't recognize, we'll create that user for best reference, but this user will not be able to login to PI (and you won't be charged for this inactive user)
Map Jira Statuses: Multiple Jira status could mean one work status in PI
Map PI Work Percent Complete Types: Multiple Project Insight task statuses could mean one status in Jira
How to sync projects: These settings will limit your team to either
- Sync only one Jira project to one project in Project Insight
- Sync an Epic within one Jira project to one project in Project Insight
- Sync Jira items (and their children) without limitation of Jira project
Default Project Options
Who provides the work items?
Jira may update PI and/or PI may update Jira :: You can also make any changes sync to the other solution automatically
Under the Advanced Options
Use this section to customize which fields sync between Jira and Project Insight:
This is also where you set if you will add time entries to Project Insight when a Jira user logs work in Jira.
Please sign in to leave a comment.