Project Insight is always looking for ways to make your life easier, and we know some projects should be visible to the team and some are not needed to view.
When we say not needed, it could be:
- The Project Manager is still editing and creating the project plan
- So it's not ready for viewing
- The work is over or cancelled or on hold
- So team members should not work on the tasks nor add time
Go to your Add-Ons to find the Project Status Add-On to configure.
- Name your statuses
- As many as you need
- Not all projects have to go through each status
There's for a column for "Project Active" and "Active":
You can ignore these settings and make every Status Active and Active.
Use the "Project Active" field to organize your projects and streamline your Team Members' use of Project Insight. This option empowers your Project Managers to make your Team Member's lives easier.
Project Active column
- Should this project status selection cause the Project to display in the Dashboard and on the Time Entry screens?
- (e.g. the way the current Active state works today)
- Should this project status selection keep the Project hidden from the Dashboard, auto-alerts, and Time Entry screens?
- (e.g. the way the current Planning or Archive states work today)
See the Project Manager's version of this article for examples: Project Status for Project Managers
This column is on every line item entry in the administration section.
You already know this column either displays or hides this option in the add/edit drop-downs.
We do not recommend EVER deleting line items from your administration section. Instead, mark the option "Inactive" to no longer select the option, but keep all the current selections unchanged.
- If active, the option will display in the drop-down
- If inactive, the option will no longer display in the drop-down
You may have lots of comments regarding the switch that's coming. Post those comments below, and let's get the conversation started!