WBS (work breakdown structure) is the outline of the project - showing Summary/Child task relationships in numbers as shorthand. WBS is calculated 3 ways in Project Insight:
- Manually enter each task WBS number
- Imported from Project
- Auto-Calculate WBS with PI tools option
Auto-Calculate WBS with PI tools option
For this feature to work, you must have the WBS column displayed and you must be PM on the project.
- "Tools" drop-down contains the option to "Auto-Calculate WBS"
- Reassigns all current project tasks with the 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc. WBS format
- Any new task would be need to be assigned a WBS ID manually.
Note: If you apply this utility to a task list which already has numbers, ALL tasks get renumbered, which could mean that existing tasks get a WBS ID change. It warns you with a dialogue box before it proceeds.