The following Project Insight functions are directly dependent upon a successful SMTP connection in order to function. While they are not the only functions dependent on SMTP, they are the functions which may display an error in the Project Insight user interface immediately upon SMTP failure:
- The "Email Page" function using the Project Insight email interface
- "Request Support" from the Help drop-down selection
- Submitting a time sheet for approval to an approver
- Approving a time sheet
- Saving and activating an "Approval Request"
- Approving or denying an "Approval Request"
If any of the above functions display an error upon initiation of the function, it is best to first check for proper SMTP settings and look for SMTP errors on the server. Further SMTP configuration issues can be found within Project Insight support articles by searching SMTP Error.