Administrators can set item permissions at any level.
Grant or deny permissions by Company, Group or User.
If you see permissions "grayed out" it means these permissions have been inherited from folders or items above this item in the hierarchy. Head up the tree to find where these permisssions have been set OR check out the link in the top right corner that says .
Best Practices for Setting Permissions
- Set permissions on folders
- By Group is the most common and most frequently recommended method for managing user permission
- Because Groups can be changed dynamically once and see the benefits throughout your PI workspace
- Default your folders to "Inherit permissions from parent"
- Any folder someone adds will maintain the identical permissions of its parent folder
- If you'd like this item's permissions to be different that then the parent, uncheck the check box from the permissions settings for the "Inherit permissions from parent"
- Avoid the use of "Deny" settings
- Deny should only be used in exception circumstances
- Simply do not permit their permission in the first place
Check out our Item Permissions Best Practice video