Columns within a saved report can be manipulated separately from the report itself by saving the report with a quick selection and changing the quick selection rather than the report to dynamically change the selections. This infrequently used feature can be the source of confusion if a saved report is accidentally saved with a quick selection which is not saved as an globally available quick selection.
What's happens in this scenario is as follows:
- You have a quick selection for yourself that you have selected when you save the report.
- You share it with somebody and their query tries to pull that quick selection, but it is not available to them.
- They run the query that you shared, but their quick selection switches to default because they don't have access to the quick selection the query is attempting to use.
- Share the quick selection globally so that everybody has access to it. This works only for system administrators with access to save global quick selections.
- Change the quick selection to custom. An easy way to do this is to make one simple change, even as simple as one pixel width change to a column. 3. Run the report with that change and save it again. That will save the individual column selections as opposed to saving your quick selection.
The second option above is preferred because it is a single set of instructions everybody can follow. Users who are not system administrators cannot use the first option because they cannot save global quick selections.