You may want a user to run reports about projects without seeing the project's financial data.
Before we begin, understand which system roles and project roles allow users to see Financial information.
If these roles do not apply to the user, then we'll need to get creative to allow them to run reports on projects without showing financial information.
- Add the user as a resource to the projects you want them to report about
- In general, users can only run reports on projects that they are assigned
- These users don't need to be assigned to any tasks, just listed in the project resource page of the project
- Read more about this option in the Add Resources to Projects article
Build a report on their behalf
- Do not include any financial data columns
- You can schedule to send the report to the user in Excel format or PDF format
- The downside to this method is the user can't change the filtering criteria themselves
- When you schedule a report via Excel or PDf, the report runs as the user who created the report with their permissions
- Read more about this option in the Scheduling Reports article
Please sign in to leave a comment.