Project Insight is always looking for ways to make your life easier, and we know some projects should be visible to the team and some are not needed to view.
When we say not needed, it could be:
- The Project Manager is still editing and creating the project plan
- So it's not ready for viewing
- The work is over or cancelled or on hold
- So team members should not work on the tasks nor add time
Your system Administrator has customized these Statuses with Active and Inactive options:
The options in this drop-down are entirely up to your team and show match the process or flow a project goes through.
For the example above:
- Planning is only for creating projects that aren't ready for launch yet
- It is not displayed to Team Members
- So it is "Inactive"
- Active is all projects ready to work and execute
- These projects will display to Team Members
- So it is "Active"
- On-Hold means we're not actively working on this project right now
- Therefore, should be inactive again
- Rather than On-Hold, some teams use Completed as the last Status, to reflect that the project has been finished