Project Insight allows you to customize a set of default global views from your list of Quick Selections.
Adminstrators can set these for yourself or globally for items including project task lists, project Gantt charts, folders, reports and more.
What's a global view?
It's a set of columns that appear every time you navigate to an item.
The most common Global views are project task list Quick Selections. The process is the same for other pages.
- From a project task list click the blue 'page display options' icon in the upper right menu:
- Select columns to display on your project task list or Gantt chart
- Find the column in the left Available Columns menu
- Highlight the field
- Double click it to move that column to the right Selected Columns menu
- If you highlight the field in the Selected Column menu too, the new column will add directly above
- Otherwise, you'll click the up and down arrows for placement
- Save those columns as a Quick Selection
- Click the edit icon to the right of the Quick Selection menu
- Name your quick selection
- Click save
- Make that view every team member's default view
- Select the 'global default view' check box
- (You must be a systems administrator to do this)
- Click save
- This will place the view in every team members' quick selection list
- Only want make this Quick Selection a default view for you?
- Select 'my default view'
- Any team member may do this
Please Note: Setting a default personal or global view will only default for any new project or project that the user has not viewed yet.
Project Insight remembers the last view the user used. PI will not overwrite what the user has seen before. However, the user can still select that view in the quick selection for this scenarios.