The Resource Info tab updates the following user details:
- Burden and Bill Rates (if Budget Add-On enabled)
- Allocation Percentages (if Resource Allocation & Resource Management Add-On enabled)
- Resource Type information
- Time and Expense Entry Information (if Time Tracking Add-On enabled)
Without all add-ons the barest version of this page looks like this:
Resource Burden and Bill Rate and Allocation Information
- Percent allocation of work defaulted to the user when assigned to a new project
- This value may be changed on a project-by-project basis
- More information on usage of this value and changing it at the project level can be found in the Add Resources to Projects section
Work Schedule Inherits From
You see additional fields?
If you want to enable additional, use the Get Add-Ons section of the Administration to enable these features:
- Using Burden and Billable Rates
- Percent Utilization is actually Target Utilization
- Capacity Percent the threshold for overallocated in the Resource Allocation Reports
- Capacity Percent Max the percent threshold that generates an Over Allocation Alert
Resource Type Information
Uses the Resource Types list defined in the Administration, this field is all the possible roles this resource performs (often thought of as skill sets).
Use this field for:
Resource Type Default
"Although this user may do ALL the types of work above, their primary Resource Type is..."
This is for reporting purposes where you may need a one-to-one relationship between user and resource type.
Does your organization assign a Project Sponsor for your projects? Do any stakeholders or internal leadership have a special interest in certain projects?
This checkbox allows the user to appear in the Sponsor field on a project's Add/Edit form. The field is usually used for reports.
Used as a free-form text data field for any additional notes to maintain with the resource's data record.
These notes are visible to all users in the Directory.