In the PI Integration for JIRA Getting Started Guide, you used the JIRA integration wizard and Project Insight Apps & Add Ons section to configure your Default Project Options.
As the JIRA administrator, you can revisit the Manage add-ons section to change the configuration. The Configure button will take you to the Default Options to make a global change for all projects going forward. You can also Uninstall or Disable the add-on from this screen.
As the Project Insight administrator, you can revisit the Manage Apps & Add Ons section of the Administration section to make changes to each JIRA instance's configuration. The Configure button will make global changes for all projects going forward. You can also Uninstall or Disable the add-on from this screen.
Managing Projects in JIRA
For your project managers in JIRA or, as JIRA calls them, "Administrators"
You can push JIRA projects into Project Insight:
- Pull down the JIRA Administration > Projects > [Select Project Name] menu selection
- Go to the "Project Settings"
- Hit Add to PI button
- Add to PI will create the project in Project Insight according to the Folder instructions in PI's configuration
- Once created, the Project Administrator will have the options to 1) Enable the Project Insight PM to send Tasks to JIRA 2) Automatically send those PI tasks to JIRA
- If only certain JIRA users should add Issues to PI, add their JIRA User Name to the test field under "JIRA to PI Project Config" section
- Please note: These settings restrict what PI can send to your JIRA project - You do not control what automatically shows up from JIRA into Project Insight
Managing Projects in Project Insight
First things first: If you have not selected a folder in the PI Integration for JIRA configuration, the first time a JIRA Administrator sends a project over, Project Insight will build a folder named after their JIRA instance. Be on the lookout for new folders.
- As a Project Insight Project Manager, you have the option to either 1) add the project to JIRA from scratch or 2) connect an already existing JIRA project using the JIRA Project Key
- Navigate to the Project Insight project and select the PI Integration for JIRA option in the Views menu
- Add to JIRA button will push the project plan over to JIRA
- Once created, the Project Manager will have the options to 1) Enable JIRA Issues to come over as PI Tasks 2) Automatically send turn those JIRA Issues into PI tasks and 3) Bring over JIRA Issues to PI, but put them in a separate JIRA Issues Summary Task (keeping them separate from the WBS)
- Please note: These settings restrict what JIRA can send to your PI project - You do not control what automatically shows up from PI into JIRA
Lastly, your Project Insight Project Manager can use the three buttons in the Project Config screen to:
- Save: Save these options
- Re-Sync: Use this button if you have made changes to the settings you want to reflect OR if you find something isn't syncing correctly, try this button to re-sync
- Test Connection: A PI layer will tell you what we successfully retrieved - check the results against your expectations
Keep reading the Team Member Guide for individual Task and Issue connection.