Grab Project Insight for JIRA from the Atlassian marketplace for JIRA. Once you install the Project Insight app, visit the "Manage Apps" section of your Jira workspace to configure the integration.
Connect your Project Insight for JIRA with Project Insight
- Enter your subdomain (e.g. http://your-pi.projectinsight.net)
- If you are not an admin, you'll need to email the link provided to your admin to complete the set-up
- If you are an admin, click "Sign In to Complete Connection"
- If you haven't logged in to PI today, you'll be prompted with a PI login screen, then to the Accept Screen
- If you have logged in today, you'll be taken to the Accept Screen
- Accept the JIRA connection request
JIRA Configurations Options
Connect to: This is your Project Insight work space
Enable Add Projects to JIRA from PI: Do you want projects started in PI to move into JIRA?
PI to JIRA Sync Comments: See Project Insight comments in corresponding JIRA tasks/issues?
PI to JIRA Sync Files: See Project Insight files in corresponding JIRA tasks/issues?
Under the Default Project Options
Enable Add PI Task into JIRA: Do you want tasks started in PI to move into JIRA?
Automatically Add all PI Tasks into JIRA: Once the projects are connected, do you want all tasks started in PI to move into JIRA automatically?
Project Insight Configuration Options
Jira URL: This is your Jira work space
Global Integration Settings
Nickname: If you have multiple Jira instances, you can rename each instance so they make sense to your PI administrator
Map Jira Users to PI Users (hyperlink) This will take you to a separate screen to map your users
Automatically create (inactive) users: If Jira sends us a user we don't recognize, we'll create that user for best reference, but this user will not be able to login to PI (and you won't be charged for this inactive user)
Map Jira Statuses: Multiple Jira status could mean one work status in PI
Map PI Work Percent Complete Types: Multiple Project Insight task statuses could mean one status in Jira
How to sync projects: These settings will limit your team across all projects:
- Sync only one Jira project to one project in Project Insight
- Sync an Epic within one Jira project to one project in Project Insight
- Sync Jira items (and their children) without limitation of Jira project
Default Project Options
This is also where you set if you will add time entries to Project Insight when a Jira user logs work in Jira