You can add a project from anywhere you see the add icon in the upper right navigation bar. Most commonly, you will add a project from within the Folder you plan to keep the project. This is according to your organizations folder structure. If you do not add a project from the Folder, you will have an additional required field in the Project Add/Edit form to designate "Parent Item" or "what folder should house this project?"
- Project Insight requires a Project Name and a Scheduled Start Date
- Every other field is optional depending on your organizations requirements - ask your administrators if they require additional fields for their reporting purposes
- Time Zone and State are also required, but they pre-populate based on your system settings
In the general tab, you can also initiate the "Import from Microsoft Project XML" if you have a pre-existing .xml file of your project schedule. Please see our Microsoft Project Import/Export articles for more information.
Hover over the Save icon to select the "Save & Display Project" option to start to Build a Schedule.
Additional Fields in Other Tabs
- Add Project - General: for important reporting and categorization data
- Agile: to run sprints and a backlog
- Custom Fields: if your organization use custom fields, they may be in this tab. Check with your system administrator to discuss
- Time, Expense & Billing Information: primarily used for customer-facing projects
- Target Budget Information: the top-down budget for internal and billable dollars
- Scorecard: if implemented, fill it in
- Clicking the Save Icon will take you back to your previous page when you clicked "add project"
- Hover over the Save Icon to see the options "Save & Display Project" and "Save & Add Another Project"
- Save & Display Project will take you to the Task List to build a schedule
- Save & Add Another Project will take you to another Project Add/Edit form - adding the project to the same folder you added the first project