Use the Culture & Interface Labels to change your email notification templates (aka Auto-alerts).
You'll need a working knowledge of HTML formatting and use Project Insight tokens (tokens reference data variables). If either of these phrases scare you, then send this article down the road to your favorite developer OR give us a call. We're happy to arrange Professional Services.
As is the case with any culture customization, ALWAYS thoroughly test customizations on a single test user before applying the templates to other user profiles.
Developing custom master templates require experience with HTML, email content delivery and email security.
Project Insight Support does not provide assistance for these skills; however, Project Insight Professional Services does provide services to customize email templates per customer specifications.
The Email Master Templates set the framework for all email notification formats:
- Changes to the overall look of email notifications
- Changes to the company logo, content fonts and layout
- Many specific item-based email templates don't need to be individually managed
For example: Customize the logo across all notification emails:
- Copy the HTML content from the System Default of the Master Template into the Custom tab
- Change the image source of the logo
- Search for common HTML graphics references (i.e. 'img') and files (i.e. gif, png, jpg, svg) to find images quickly
Detailed Content Delivery Customization
Customize message content in our item-specific templates.
As with the master templates, these templates contain extended HTML content and PI data tokens.
For example, remove a field from the Project notification:
- Find the default data field in the code
- Remove the token for the field
Please sign in to leave a comment.