Whether your project team works in both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies or you have separate types of teams in PI, Project Insight allows both methodologies to get work done.
Install and Configure
To get this up and running, you'll have to Install the Agile & Scrum app and make sure you have the Project Methodologies app installed as well (see steps below).
Agile & Scrum
Install is all you have to do here, yay! See Agile & Scrum article for reference.
First, make sure the Project View for Sprints and Backlogs are enabled. Then specify what duration and effort methodologies you want to enable for your work. See the Project Methodologies article for more info.
After installing, enable the Agile Features on the project you want.
- Edit the project
- Go to the Agile tab and specify the number of Iteration Days
Now you will see the following additional Agile Views on your Project Views
- Status Board
Sprints are an available Project View once enabled in the Add-ons, which adds a unique view for your team. The dates for each Sprint are all manually entered as to be flexible with the needs for your team.
- Add Sprints by entering one on the last line or the "+" button on the top right
- Select the "Active" icon to identify which Sprint your team is on. There can only be one Active Sprint at a time
- When you are done, Close the state of the Spring. It cannot be reopened after closing and will be added to the Backlog list
Then drill into each Sprint to follow the status of each Task.
Drag and drop your tasks to Started, In-progress, Almost Done or Done for an easy visual update of your tasks. For more information see the Status Board article.
Once you close a Sprint it will appear on the Backlog. This list will appear under the Sprints view on Project Views.
- Prioritize the backlog by dragging and dropping the task and putting them in order
- Assign tasks by dragging and dropping the task into the corresponding sprint
- Issues appear without any Work Status icons