Looking to change project assignments between two resources?
It is so much work to add resources to multiple tasks... especially if you try to go to each task to add/remove/edit assignments.
Instead, you have the option to move many or all tasks at once.
Project Resource page
From the Project > Resources > Project Resources page:
Select the Resource
Look for the resource who WILL RECEIVE the tasks.
In this case, lets move all of Ron Project's tasks to Olive Oil:
- PI focuses on who will take the work - not just "get rid of someone's work." Look for the clipboard icon in the desired resource's row
- Click to assign the particular resource by resource type
- Choose who's assigned work you are taking from
- (In this case Ron Project)
- You can also select more than one Resource FYI
- Click Search
Select the applicable Tasks
- Determine which tasks you want to reassign
- Use the check All option to select all tasks that apply
- Review the Task Assignment Options
Assign all Tasks at once
And just like that, you've moved a group of tasks assigned from one user to a different user, and all at once!
Additional Task Filtering Options
Assign to currently unassigned tasks only allows you to filter the tasks to only include those not currently assigned to anyone.
Display Completed Tasks is not as common of a request but you can see tasks that are completed or "Done."
Include summary tasks not often used but this filter allows you to reassign summary tasks. This is not often used because most summary tasks are not assigned to a resource.
Task Assignment Options
These check boxes allow you to specify how you want the new assigned Resource to be updated, in this case Olive Oil.
- Assign as a Task Owner and specify if you want to keep or replace the current owner
- Assign as additional and keep that current Resource, in this case Ron Project, etc