From your project, select Project Resources from the Resources drop down:
This loads the Resources page where you can add/edit/delete resources for your project:
To add users
- Use the blank row at the bottom of the list and start typing
- The drop down list is predefined by your administrator with users who a "Project Resource"
- If you do not see the resource you are expecting, check with your administrator.
Should you fill in the rest of the columns? Take a look below for the important ones (*)
*Resource Last Name: The last name of the resource
Resource First Name: The first name of the resource
Resource Types: An optional field. Selects the primary type of work this resource will perform on this project. This selection is for reference only. It does not actively assign the resource to any tasks.
(You can assign resources to tasks by resource type with the Assign Resource by Resource Type function - see Admin column explanation below)
Resource Company: Automatically displays based on the User Profile company assignment
Task Count: Automatically displays the number of tasks assigned to the resource (Clicking on the hyperlinked number takes you to a report listing the tasks assigned to this resource)
*Project Resource Roles
- Enter time and expense entries on tasks to which they are assigned as a resource.
- Enter Actual Start Date, Actual Finish Date and % Complete data on tasks to which each is assigned as the task owner.
Project Scheduler has all rights of a Project Resource plus:
- Add resources to the project as Project Schedulers or Project Resources.
- Enter time, expense and % complete data on behalf of all project resources.
- Edit the project name, start date and other fields on the project add/edit form.
- Edit all scheduling-related fields for all tasks within the project.
Project Manager has all rights of a Project Scheduler plus:
- Add resources to the project as Project Managers.
- View budget information.
- Edit all budgeting fields for all tasks and resources within the project.
Read more about this in the Project Roles & Permissions article
Indicates the selected user's schedule to apply to the project.
- Project Default is the most common schedule used
- Personal Default is an alternative for calculating a resources personal schedule into the project schedule (the project schedule duration may change to adjust for conflicts with the resources personal schedule)
- See User Work Schedule for more information
Def. % Alloc: Shorted from Default Percent Allocation. Set the default allocation for the resource when applied to tasks with "Resources' Work" or "Task Duration" set as the default calculation. For example, a resource applied to a task set to calculate the Resources' Work with 5 days duration and a 100% resource allocation would calculate to 40 hours of Resources' Work on the task. This setting is irrelevant for the default setting of tasks set to calculate "% of Resources Workday."
*Admin contains three icons to be used as follows:
- Assign Resource by Resource Type allows you to assign a group of tasks this resource
- Update Burden and Bill Rates for all Tasks Assigned to Resource allows you to update the calculations being performed by the project. This is generally used after a change to the rates has been done. If you do not do the update, then your project continues to use the previous rates.
- Edit allows you to edit the columns for the resource
The Def. % Alloc comes from the User Profile's Percent Allocation value, which will determine this value for all projects:
Quick Add by Company, Group or Department
- Add multiple resources by using the quick add function
- Everybody from a specific company, group or department will add to the project resources list
- Resources must be removed one-at-a-time after being added
- Use this feature with the understanding that you may mistakenly add a larger list of resources than you had intended and removing them from the project may take several additional delete and confirm clicks